This Extended Side Angle Pose Variation or Utthita Parvakonasana Variation, binds the hands together behind the back. The goal, similar to Extended Side Angle is to roll the ribs towards the sky and open the heart in a deep stretch.
Teaching ScheduleSmiling Dog
1227 Archer St, San Luis Obispo, CA
Mon 5:30-6:45 p.m Hatha
289 Prado Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA
Wed 6-7 p.m. Vinyasa Flow
Chellis Ying is a certified power yoga instructor with international experience training rock climbers, swimmers, surfers, office workers and all-level yogis. She incorporates her experiences as a competitive swimmer and ballet dancer by emphasizing breath control, flexibility, strength, and an articulation that emulates movement in water. She has also been published in Best Travel Writing, Publishers Weekly and Mental Floss.
- Oprah Asks: What Yoga Teachers Eat for Breakfast
- How to Live Longer
- Jay Co’s TT Program at Yogaraj
- Beauty in All Sizes
- New Publication: OhmMG, is this Mic on? The Importance of Laughter in a Yoga Class
- World Record for Plank Pose: 4 hrs and 30 secs
- My Yoga Goals
- Yoga Social
- New Publication: Teaching Yoga to the Toughest Alpine Climbers in the World
- Introducing… Yogaraj!
- Strength and Balance
- More Yoga from July 5-20
- Mind-Body-Tree Yoking
- Teaching Week June 16
- The Beauty and Dangers of Stretching
- Yoga Inside and Out
- Yoga Moment at mBODY
- Yoga = to Yolk
- Look Up
- What is a yoga teacher?